Resort Availabilities differ based on the resort, room type, time of year, and length of stay. The following are general guidelines for how far out a reservation should be booked to ensure availability. However, please check with us even if you’re far closer than the suggested times as cancellations occur and rooms often come available, even at the most premium resorts.
11 Months in Advance:
- All Holiday & Special Event Reservations
10-11 Months in Advance:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Riviera Resort
- BoardWalk Villas
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
9-10 Months in Advance:
- Beach Club Villas
- Boulder Ridge at Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek at Wilderness Lodge
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
7-9 Months in Advance:
- Polynesian Villas and Bungalows
3-6 Months in Advance:
- Old Key West (Grand Villas should be booked 7+ months out)
- Saratoga Springs (Grand Villas should be booked 7+ months out)
- Vero Beach
- Hilton Head
Last Minute availabilities for shorter stays are fairly common at Saratoga Springs and Old Key West, although usually with limited room selection. The exceptions to this rule are holidays, summer, and special events. Availabilities at Vero Beach and Hilton Head are highly seasonal, but there are usually rooms available off-season.
Guests can make their own dining reservations through Disney. However, we do not require members to purchase dining plans for guests. We know this is a bummer for a portion of guests, but there are three reasons for our policy:
1. Dining Plan purchases cannot always be made online and sometimes require substantial wait times on the phone for members. 2. Security protocols make it difficult for third-party intermediaries to assist with dining plan purchases. We were alarmed to discover that some of our peers are now providing the guest’s personal credit card information directly to members for dining plan reservations. We view this as a HUGE privacy risk (and it might be illegal). We would never pass along your credit card information to someone else. 3. As prices for the dining plans continue to rise, it is also becoming increasingly difficult to find value in them. There are several articles debating this, but most of them agree that guests generally break even or worse, unless they have multiple children per adult. Because our service is currently about $200 per reservation less expensive than our peers, our hope is that you can use those extra funds to dine wherever you wish.
The purchase price of your reservation is guaranteed by BookDVC. However, because we are a third-party intermediary, we cannot guarantee that a member will not cancel a reservation.
It is exceedingly rare that this happens. In the event that it ever did, BookDVC would work tirelessly to remedy the problem and re-secure the reservation. We retain a bank of our own points specifically for this scenario.
For more information regarding member cancellations, see our Refund Policy under the Policies tab. However, please note that your reservation is only protected against an unauthorized cancellation that is made by the DVC Member. Your reservation is not protected in the event of a disaster, weather event, pandemic or other unforeseen circumstance. This is why we recommend purchasing private travel insurance.
As noted in the Guest Cancellations section of our Policies, reservations are non-refundable. As a result, we recommend private travel insurance to protect against any unforeseen circumstance.
A reservation confirmation number will be provided as soon as the reservation is made.
For Walt Disney World reservations: the confirmation number can be entered into the MyDisney Experience App and linked with fastpass + and dinner reservations. This should be done as soon as soon as possible to identify any issues. The most common problem occurs when a party has two members with the same name, as the Disney system notoriously struggles with this issue. It is an easy fix, but can effect fastpasses if not timely discovered.
Renters may use the points calculators located on the Homepage, the Reservations Page, or the individual Hotel pages to determine how many points are needed for a given reservation.
Simply select the resort (on the individual Hotel pages, the resort will be preselected); choose the room type and view; and select the check-in and check out dates.
0-7 Months in Advance:
- $17.75 Per Point
7+ Months in Advance:
- $19.00 Per Point
A $79.00 Refundable Deposit is required before a reservation will be listed on BookDVC.com. If a reservation is subsequently fulfilled, the deposit will be applied to the total cost of the reservation. If a reservation is not fulfilled, the Deposit will be refunded.
Following confirmation that the reservation has been made by the DVC Member, the full cost of the trip is due from the renter within 24 hours.
Requiring full payment when the reservation is made helps keep our costs down (which we pass on to renters) and helps ensure that the DVC Member will be paid in full for the reservation.
For stays of fewer than 8 days, guests will receive trash only service each day and new towels and toiletries on Day 4, but no full cleaning. For stays of 8 days or more, members get a full cleaning on Day 4.
Additional housekeeping services are available for a fee.
Yes! Every DVC Resort has free laundry facilities that are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The facilities are accessible with a room key / Magic Band.
Additionally, all 1-Bedroom and larger rooms have washers and dryers in the room.