Right to Use Site Content
Changes to the BookDVC Site and Terms of Service
Intellectual Property Rights
The BookDVC Site Content is protected by applicable intellectual property laws and all Content is owned by BookDVC or used by BookDVC under a license or with permission. All text, formatting (including without limitation the selection, coordination and arrangement of materials on the BookDVC Site), images, graphics, animation, tools, widgets, applications, commercials, videos, music, sounds, articles, copy, creative materials, photos, trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and other materials and information on this Site are subject to the intellectual property rights of BookDVC, its affiliates, and their respective licensors and licensees (collectively “Content”). These materials may not be copied, reverse engineered, decompiled, disassembled, modified, reposted to other web sites, framed, deep linked to, changed, or otherwise distributed, redistributed, licensed, sublicensed or transferred in any form by You. Nothing contained on the BookDVC Site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to make commercial use of any BookDVC trademark, intellectual property right or copyrighted material without BookDVC’s prior written permission. The trademarks, logos, trade names and service marks, whether registered or unregistered (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the BookDVC Site are Trademarks of BookDVC. Nothing contained on the BookDVC Site should be construed as granting by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the BookDVC Site without the written permission of BookDVC, or such third party that may own the Trademark. BookDVC U.S. Trademarks Any unauthorized commercial use of these materials shall violate BookDVC’s intellectual property rights and will be subject to BookDVC’ full legal rights and remedies. Copyright Complaints In operating the Site, BookDVC may act as a “services provider” (as defined by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)) and offer services as an online provider of materials and links to third party web sites. As a result, third party materials that BookDVC does not own or control may be transmitted, stored, accessed or otherwise made available using the Site. BookDVC has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site and has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate removal of any content or the suspension of any user that is found to have infringed on the rights of BookDVC or of a third party, or that has otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations, or this Agreement. If you believe any material available through the Site infringes a copyright, you should notify BookDVC using the notice procedure for claimed infringement under the DMCA (17 U.S.C. Section 512(c)(2)). BookDVC will respond expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the Content. You should address infringement notices under the DMCA to: contact@BookDVC.com Please provide the following notice:
- 1. Identify the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- 2. Describe the material on the Site that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that BookDVC may locate it on the Site;
- 3. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- 4. A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (a) the above information in your notice is accurate, and (b) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
- 5. Your address, telephone number, and email address; and
- 6. Your physical or electronic signature
BookDVC may give notice to its users of any alleged infringement by means of a general notice on its website, electronic mail to a user’s e-mail address in its records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a user’s physical address in its records. If you receive such an infringement notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- 1. Your physical or electronic signature;
- 2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- 3. A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- 4. Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
Notwithstanding the preceding, BookDVC may, in its sole discretion, choose to remove any allegedly infringing content prior to or despite the receipt of a user’s counter-notification, as provided for above.
Interactive Forums, Blogs, Groups, and Feedback
Third-Party Content and Links to Other Websites
Disclaimer of Warranties
BookDVC will use reasonable efforts to ensure that all material on this Site is correct; however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed and BookDVC does not assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of any information contained in this Site. BookDVC strongly recommends that every user exercise independent due diligence and adhere to common sense and safe practices. THE BOOKDVC SITE AND ALL CONTENT AND PRODUCTS CONTAINED HEREIN ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS,” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE/NONINFRINGEMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU FROM BOOKDVC THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITATION, BOOKDVC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE, THAT THE BOOKDVC SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, ANY TANGIBLE OR INTANGIBLE CONTENT DOWNLOADED; RENTED; PURCHASED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THIS SITE IS PROVIDED AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR ANY DATA LOSS THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES. PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Disclaimer of Damages and Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL BOOKDVC OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PHYSICAL HARM, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, ECONOMIC LOSS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF PROFITS, WITHOUT REGARD TO THE FORM OF ACTION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTIONS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR ACCESS OF THE BOOKDVC SITE OR ITS CONTENT, EVEN IF BOOKDVC OR ITS BUSINESS PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES OR AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSS. IN NO EVENT SHALL BOOKDVC’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) (WHICHEVER IS LESS), FOR ACCESSING OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITY RELATED TO ANY BOOKDVC SITE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Customer Service and Contact Information
BookDVC is Not Affiliated with the Walt Disney Company or any Subsidiaries Thereof
Neither BookDVC, nor the BookDVC Site is owned by or affiliated with the Walt Disney Company, or any subsidiaries thereof including, but not limited to, Disney Vacation Club, Disneyland, or The Walt Disney World Resort (collectively “Disney”). Disney does not endorse any product on the BookDVC Site. Any mentions or images displayed on the BookDVC Site comprising any content or trademark owned by Disney is being used for descriptive and informational purposes only and, in the opinion of BookDVC, represents a minimal fair use.
Information We Collect
We may collect Personal Data about you that you provide to us while using the Site.
How We Protect Your Data
We employ reasonable and current technical, administrative and physical safeguards that are designed to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and designed to ensure correct use of Personal Data.
How We Use Your Data
We use Personal Data to provide you with the products and services from our Site, to build features that will make the services available on the Site easier to use, to contact you about these services, and to occasionally send advertisements, marketing material or other offers that we think might be of interest to you.
How We Share Your Data
We may share your Personal Data with external service providers (e.g., hotels, airlines, car rental agencies), and otherwise for compliance with law and other disclosures.
Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use any services on our Site.
Should you have any questions, concerns or comments, please click here.
Information We Collect
Protecting Your Personal Data
We employ reasonable and current technical, administrative and physical safeguards that are designed to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and designed to ensure correct use of Personal Data. To provide protection for credit card transactions while in transit, BookDVC.com currently uses Secure Socket Layer encryption, and/or third-party processors who use similar or superior security encryption.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use Personal Data to provide you with the products and services from our Site, to build features that will make the services available on the Site easier to use, and to contact you about these services. This includes faster purchase requests, better customer support and timely notice of new services and special offers and more relevant content. From time to time, BookDVC.com may contact you to request feedback on your experience using the Site, to assist us in improving the Site, or to offer special savings or promotions, marketing material or other offers to you, as a Site user. If you would prefer not to receive notices of special savings or promotions, you may simply opt-out by contacting us.
Sharing Your Personal Data
Our Policy Concerning Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Ad Targeting: We work with third-party advertising companies to serve ads while you are visiting our Site and permit these companies to place and access their own cookies on your computer in the course of serving advertisements on this Site. These companies may use information obtained through their cookie (which does not include your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to our and other websites, in combination with non-personally identifiable information about your purchases and interests from other online sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not ours. Data Providers: We also allow data providers to collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), when you visit our Site, or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with data providers solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
- Analytics/Measurement: We also use third-party analytics cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the Site, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimize and improve our websites and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our Site. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites.
- Remarketing Pixel Tags: In addition, we may share web site usage information about visitors to our Sites with third-party advertising companies for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis on our Site and other sites. For these purposes, we and our third-party advertising companies may place pixel tags (also called clear gifs) on some of the pages you visit on our Site. We will then use the non-personally identifiable information that is collected using these pixel tags to serve you relevant advertisements when you are visiting other sites on the Internet. These advertisements may be targeted to specific searches you conducted on bookdvc.com during earlier browsing sessions.
A Special Note About Children
Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use any services on our Site.
How to Contact Us
Should you have any questions, concerns or comments, please click here.
Refund Policy Summary
This Guest Refund Policy shall only apply to situations where a DVC Member cancels or causes a previously made reservation to be cancelled without the prior consent of the renter. For situations where a renter seeks to cancel the reservation, please see Cancellations. BookDVC.com is a third-party intermediary that connects renters with DVC Owners through the BookDVC.com Site, and holds all, or a portion of the funds paid by the renter for the DVC Reservation as security until the renter checks in. BookDVC.com does not directly rent its own DVC Membership Points and cannot directly control whether a prior reservation is cancelled by a DVC Member. Despite BookDVC.com’s reasonable efforts in vetting DVC Members, it is possible for a reservation to be cancelled by the DVC Member without the prior consent of the renter.
In the event a reservation is cancelled by a DVC Member without the prior consent or request of the renter, BookDVC.com will immediately contact the DVC Member upon discovering the cancellation. If the DVC Member cannot adequately remedy the reservation cancellation, BookDVC.com will refund the full reservation payment to the renter within 24 hours of discovering the cancellation, and pursue legal remedies against the DVC Member. For purposes of this section, an identical reservation or a different reservation to which the renter consents shall be deemed an adequate remedy. This section shall not apply to cancellations that are the result of a hotel or resort closure.
BookDVC.com fully disclaims any supplemental liability arising from a DVC Member reservation cancellation.
This disclaimer includes, but not exclusively, airfare, dining reservations, car rentals, advance ticket purchases, or any other refundable or non-refundable advance purchase related to the reservation.
ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE/NONINFRINGEMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU FROM BOOKDVC THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL BOOKDVC.COM, BOOKDVC, INC., OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, BEYOND THOSE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PHYSICAL HARM, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, ECONOMIC LOSS, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, WITHOUT REGARD TO THE FORM OF ACTION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTIONS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR ACCESS OF THE BOOKDVC SITE OR ITS CONTENT, EVEN IF BOOKDVC OR ITS BUSINESS PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES OR AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSS. UNLESS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL BOOKDVC’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO BOOKDVC, IF ANY, OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) (WHICHEVER IS LESS), FOR ACCESSING OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITY RELATED TO ANY BOOKDVC SITE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
In order to provide superior value to DVC Members and other DVC renters, all reservations are non-refundable. If you anticipate that you may need to cancel a reservation, BookDVC highly recommends that you purchase a third-party travel insurance plan, such as those offered here: www.allianztravelinsurance.com and AIG Travel Guard.(BookDVC.com does not endorse or receive any compensation from these or any other third-party insurance services). Our customer feedback has suggested that third-party travel cancellation insurance is better and less expensive than what other DVC rental services offer directly as it gives the renter an option to choose between several plans and providers, and tends to cover 100% of the cancellation cost.